5.9.07

Round and Round We Go

Q: Dear 100 Hour Board,

If you are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a 'drop off' (The ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are traveling on), and on your right side is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you is a galloping horse which is the same size as your car and you cannot overtake it. Behind you is a galloping zebra. Both the horse and zebra are also traveling at the same speed as you. What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

Sincerely,
Anonymous (Cause who would own up to a question like that?)

A: Dear 'Been-Watching-Too-Much-TV'

You offer quite an interesting dilemma. I think I may be able shed some light and wisdom on this sticky situation. There really are some major issues here, so we need to dissect this a little. Now I can make some assumptions about this from what you've asked. Since the horse is the same size as you, either the horse is eight feet across or you are in a clown car (I don't think a golf cart counts as a 'car'). If this is the case I'd just throw a couple other clowns out of the car who will trip up the zebra, flip the fire truck or at least build up a satisfying barrier to my left that I can crash into. Is the world any worse off with a few less clowns?
Or perhaps - in case that seems too improbable - we look at it a little differently. If the road drops off to the left, then you are either on a highway or, better yet, in Australia, England, New Zealand or some other Empire country. If this is the fact, then the firetruck, which may be traveling your speed, is going in the opposite direction (i.e driving on the left hand side of the road). In that case, wait a second and pull into the opposing lane to either pass the horse, or let the zebra go by.
This may be the case. But if you ask me, I'll just wait til the ride ends, and get off the carousel. (And yes...that I came up myself).
Solomon the Just a Little Wise

0 comments:

 

100 Hour Board Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template